Whenever food is being served to the public these regulations apply:
- Food Safety Act 1990.
- Regulation (EC) 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs.
- The Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2006.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Failing to obtain large cold storage units to hold stock for increased levels of business or events is negligent; you may believe that a cost saving can be achieved by flouting the food laws and that no harm will occur, but what fee do you place on consumer safety? Excuses and non-compliance will not be tolerated by the authorities or consumers. You’re expected to ensure a positive consumer experience.
It is a matter of choice whether to select walk in cold room hire, the units with no wheels, or fridge trailer rental, with wheels. Capacities and unit sizes are available to meet all business level demands, always at competitive rates. The legislation meeting, hygienic and secure facilities you need to help meet, and exceed, expectations and fulfil obligations are one phone call or e-mail away. Walk in chiller hire is easy to arrange and when necessary, hire periods can be extended with minimal fuss.
With walk in cold room and trailer hire there is no self- drive option but this means the customer has no time demands placed on them, they don’t need to drive a strange vehicle and the cost of hire doesn’t contain fuel, maintenance and MOT charges. Specialist cold storage firms will deliver, set up, demonstrate and leave the facilities in working order and at the end of the hire period, they’ll remove the unit efficiently, letting you continue with your busy day.
- Venues often host numerous events in quick succession which places pressures on the existing refrigeration capacity and staff. Weddings, receptions, christenings and celebration party guests have high expectations. Letting clients down or turning them away isn’t an option.
- A walk in chiller can be worked in by staff. Perfect for accommodating additional staff.
- Drinks and food items can be stored safely even when an event is located away from mains power because the cold storage units can be powered via a generator. There’s no reduction in service quality.
- Schools, community centres, fete venues, exhibition venues and country show hosts may not consider walk in chiller hire as an essential, however, even when only tea and coffee is being served the substantial amount of milk must be refrigerated. On site refrigeration may already be straining under normal demands.
- If your venue enjoys an increase in customer volumes but you don’t know whether this level will be sustained long term, then purchasing additional refrigeration facilities is not a desirable expenditure. Walk in cold room hire is the perfect solution. Hire fees can be offset against the higher revenue.
An outstanding walk in chiller and trailer hire firm is Icecool Trailers. They serve London, South Wales, Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Dorset, Avon & Somerset, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Essex, Sussex, and Surrey.
Please contact them today about your refrigeration needs.